Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I Found Out Why Patients Drop Off The Schedule

I have always felt comfortable communicating to my patients from the first meeting. I never felt like I didn't get across to my patients what they needed and how I would facilitate their progress towards goals. But nevertheless my patients and our clinics patients in general would occasionally drop off or become chronic cancellations. And we couldn't figure out why. The Patient Compliance Course has done a fantastic job of teaching me how to hook the patient through gaining their agreement and seeing the undeniable value of what physical therapy can offer them. To the point where they agree to whatever it takes to help them achieve their own goals and follow through the entire plan of care to discharge.

Paul Whittaker, PT